Friday 25 July 2014

Easy. quick beautiful meals




What is standing in your way? Ponder on that one and try to understand what thoughts and feelings lead you to unhealthy eating.

When I think about food I think about it as three things:

1. A gift - I feel gratitude that food is readily available
2. Nutrition - I categorize food as a fuel for my body
3.A visual delight - I focus on this sense rather than taste

It is also important to put food in it's place. Remove the emotional dependency.  How do yo do that? Change the way you think about it.  How do you do that?

Don't think about food. Your body will prompt you when it is hungry apart from that - forget it.

It is not impossible. It can be as easy or as difficult as you choose to make it.

You decide. Here is the decision path:

1. I no longer wish to be obsessed by food.
2. I choose to make this decision now.
3. I choose to embrace this choice and make it easy for myself because it is what I truly want.

So what to eat instead of McDonalds?
 
Here's one I made earlier.

Healthy Note:

Red peppers have more vitamin C than orange juice!

Recipe
2 red peppers
2 red onions
3 cloves garlic
olive oil

3 courgettes
250 grams wild rice
large bunch parsley

Slice red peppers in half - remove seeds and white bits. Coat in olive oil.
Sprinkle olive oil on baking tray - bake for 15 minutes at 200 degrees - until skin peels away.

Heat olive oil in frying pan
Finely chop red onions, garlic courgettes - fry together until soft.

Boil rice - I use open pan method for 20 minutes.
Drain rice.
remove red peppers from oven - chop into 1 cm squares.

Mix all ingredients together - I use scissors to chop coriander over dish and then mix in.

Salt and pepper to taste.

This is moist and sweet.

I eat it with English mustard but you may like it with sweet chili sauce!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment